First get an AmeriFlux account!
You need an AmeriFlux account to upload data. Note: If you have a FLUXNET or ISCN account, use that account to sign in.
After you create your AmeriFlux account, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Use this email to enable your account immediately.
AmeriFlux.lbl.gov is now the place to submit all AmeriFlux data. When you upload your data, you agree that your data will be archived and shared according to the AmeriFlux Data Policy that the Site PI selected for your site. Find which policy your site is using at Site Search or your Site Info page. Take time now to read the policy.
- Register (or re-activate) a new site
- Submit BADM data (for all tower metadata your data type is BADM)
- For flux and micrometeorological data—
- Use these instructions to format Half-Hourly/Hourly data.
- Use standardized data variable names and units
- Read about Data Processing Pipelines to learn about the AmeriFlux QA/QC process
- Prepare the data, then go to Upload Data to submit your files and your comments describing the data files (sign in required).
- Read these instructions for uploading High-Frequency Flux and Micrometeorological Data. Work with the Data team to set up this routine.
- Add photographs and other images (maps, diagrams, graphs) of the tower site and team—make sure you have permission from all people in the photo before posting
- Add publications that use your site’s data
Last edited or reviewed: 6/14/2022 mes