AmeriFlux Meetings and Workshops
With DOE, we co-sponsor the AmeriFlux Annual Meeting, where all members of the AmeriFlux community are welcome. We also organize annual AmeriFlux Data and Tech Workshops, where attendees can get practical advice and hands-on training. As the community requests, we hold workshops on special topics.
AmeriFlux Annual Meeting
We are happy to announce the AmeriFlux Annual Meeting planning is progressing, with a particular focus this year on Early Career Researchers, and AmeriFlux’s Year of Methane. See details below, and check back for updates coming soon.
Tuesday, September 17th – Thursday, September 19th, 2019
- Tuesday, September 17th – Early Career Meeting (1pm – 6pm)
- Wednesday, September 18th – PI Meeting (8am – 5pm)**
- Thursday, September 19th – PI meeting (8am – 5pm)**
With a special focus on both early career researchers and CH4.
- Millennium Harvest House Boulder
1345 28th St, Boulder, CO 80302
Set on landscaped grounds, it’s a modern hotel with elegant mountain style, a 4-minute walk from the University of Colorado Boulder and a 14-minute walk from Folsom Field football stadium.
Hotel Website: https://www.millenniumhotels.com/en/boulder/millennium-harvest-house-boulder/
- Peter Blanken, Chair/Core Site PI, Univ CO Boulder
- Trevor Keenan, Lead, AMP LBNL
- Beverly Law, Core Site PI, Oregon State
- Cove Sturtevant, NEON
- Gavin McNicol, Stanford (CH4 coordinator)
- Anthony Bloom, JPL
- Manuel Helbig, McMaster University (Early career coordinator)
- Tara Hudiburg, Univ Idaho
- Susan Sprinkle, AMP LBNL
Registration Website: Will be available late May/early June. Stay tuned for further announcements and updates.
AmeriFlux Data-Tech Workshop
Save the date for the 2019 AmeriFlux Data-Tech Workshop, focusing on achieving long-term data quality from sensor installation to on-site data management to data publication.
- Monday, October 28th – Wednesday, October 30th, 2019
- Lawrence Berkely National Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Rd, Berkeley, CA 94720
Check out the agenda and stay tuned for further announcements and updates.
AmeriFlux Decadal Synthesis Workshop
Berkeley Lab—August 23-24, 2018
Chair Trevor Keenan; Co-Chairs Dave Moore and Ankur Desai.
This workshop focused on decadal synthesis, combined with the integration of flux measurements with other data sources (remote sensing, inventories, tree rings, phenology, etc.). We will also explore priorities for future eddy-covariance research, and outline a general synthesis of advances over the past decade. We envisage that this workshop will provide opportunities for new synthesis groups to form and grow. Meeting summary will be published in a journal; in preparation now. If you have questions, contact Trevor Keenan.
- 2018 AmeriFlux PI Meeting – October 24-25, 2018, Bloomington IN
- 2018 AmeriFlux Data and Tech Workshop – October 22-23, 2018, Bloomington IN
- 2017 Joint NACP-AmeriFlux All-Investigators Meeting – March 27-30, 2017, North Bethesda MD. See meeting page hosted by NACP
- 2016 AmeriFlux PI Meeting and Data-Tech Workshop
- 2015 NACP/AmeriFlux Annual PI Meeting – January 29-30, Washington DC—This archive is being revised.
- 2015 AmeriFlux Data and Tech Workshop – March 18-20, 2015, Berkeley CA
- 2014 AmeriFlux Annual PI Meeting – May 4-5, Bolger Center MD
- 2014 AmeriFlux Data Managers Workshop