AmeriFlux Meetings and Workshops
With DOE, we co-sponsor the AmeriFlux Annual Meeting, where all members of the AmeriFlux community are welcome. We also organize annual AmeriFlux Data and Tech Workshops, where attendees can get practical advice and hands-on training. As the community requests, we hold workshops on special topics.
Land-Atmosphere Interactions Workshop
When: Thursday, June 10 – Friday, June 11, 2021
Improving understanding of land atmosphere interactions through integration of surface flux and atmospheric boundary layer measurements
The workshop will address the following questions:
- What are the high-priority research questions that can be addressed with existing measurements (e.g., data from AmeriFlux sites with collocated instrumentation for boundary layer measurements, or nearby radiosonde/profile measurements)?
- What new boundary layer measurements should be prioritized, and where? What are the cutting-edge research questions that could be addressed with these new measurements?
- What is needed to increase interdisciplinary collaboration between ecologists/biogeoscientists and atmospheric scientists? How can we best share tools that are necessary to process, analyze, and interpret boundary layer measurements?
- How can this kind of collaboration improve predictive understanding of biosphere-atmosphere interactions and land-atmosphere coupling?
Registration is free!
See the workshop overview page for more information!
AmeriFlux Annual Meeting
When: Tuesday, October 6th – Thursday, October 8th, 2020
Update: Talk abstracts are up!
Check this page to see abstracts for our Keynote presentations and short talks. A few are still missing, will be added as soon as we get them. Stay tuned for Poster Abstracts later this week!
Update: Tips for the Poster Session and our virtual meeting space
Find out more about our virtual conference space, which we will use for the poster session. If you are presenting a poster, check out our tips. You need to be logged in to view this page.
Update: Keynote speakers
We are excited to announce our keynote speakers:
Registration: Here, register by Oct 1!
This year, we will host the conference online, with lots of opportunities for interaction. To take advantage of this unique opportunity, our theme is Bridging the Americas and there are no registration or abstract submission costs. This is an effort to build relationships and collaboration while serving our early career community and others who are disadvantaged by COVID-19.
Contributed talks will be presented live on zoom, presentations are currently planned in the first two days of the program.
The length for contributed talks will be 15 minutes, including a short Q&A. The talks will be recorded, to be shared with the community after the meeting.
Posters will be presented in an interactive virtual poster room using the gather platform, where presenters can explain their work and engage with attendees. To facilitate setting up the virtual poster room, we will request a pdf file of the poster.
- Sara Knox, Chair, University of British Columbia
- Jorge Perez-Quezada, Chair, University of Chile
- Gabriela Shirkey, Michigan State University
- Trevor Keenan, Lead, AMP LBNL
- Gil Bohrer, Core-site PI, The Ohio State University
- Benjamin Runkle, University of Arkansas
- John Frank, USDA
- Josh Fisher, NASA
- Christin Buechner, AMP LBNL
- 2020 AmeriFlux Annual Meeting, October 6-8, 2020, virtual
- 2019 AmeriFlux Annual Meeting, September 17-19, 2019, Boulder CO
- 2019 AmeriFlux Data-Tech Workshop, October 28-30, 2019, Berkeley CA
- 2018 AmeriFlux Decadal Synthesis Workshop – August 23-24, 2018, Berkeley CA
- 2018 AmeriFlux PI Meeting – October 24-25, 2018, Bloomington IN
- 2018 AmeriFlux Data and Tech Workshop – October 22-23, 2018, Bloomington IN
- 2017 Joint NACP-AmeriFlux All-Investigators Meeting – March 27-30, 2017, North Bethesda MD. See meeting page hosted by NACP
- 2016 AmeriFlux PI Meeting and Data-Tech Workshop
- 2015 NACP/AmeriFlux Annual PI Meeting – January 29-30, Washington DC—This archive is being revised.
- 2015 AmeriFlux Data and Tech Workshop – March 18-20, 2015, Berkeley CA
- 2014 AmeriFlux Annual PI Meeting – May 4-5, Bolger Center MD
- 2014 AmeriFlux Data Managers Workshop