Follow the instructions below to submit Biological, Ancillary, Disturbance and Metadata (BADM) to AmeriFlux.
|New Site||Existing site|
|To register||To submit or update.|
|Use BADM-Site_General_Info Standards File. See instructions about registering below.||
Site General Info
|Height and instrument model for Flux/Met data||
Examples: VegCover, Instrument (Ops), Disturbance and Management
|Use online editors. See Site Info page > BADM tab.||Use the Variable Information online tool||Use CSV reporting file (recommended). Contact [email protected]||
Use BADM Standards Files
Submit completed files at
Upload Data page
The types of BADM available, including variables, units, and requirements, are described in the BADM Standards.
To register a new AmeriFlux site
- Download the BADM-Site_General_Info Standards File (MS Excel) here.
- Complete the file:
- Enter current site information on the Site_General_Info tab in the file.
- For variables that have a predefined list, see the LIST(Vocabulary) tab.
- See the Explanations tab for additional variable descriptions and reporting conventions.
- See General Instructions on the BADM Standards page for more details.
- View (pdf) or download (MS Excel) an example of a completed file.
- Do not enter REFERENCES variables in the file. After registration is complete, references for the site should be uploaded via the “Add Publication” button at the bottom of your Site Info page (Login required).
- Upload the completed file via the Upload Data page using the BADM option (Login required).
***Once a site is registered, update Site General Info BADM using the online editor (see below).
To submit / update BADM for an existing AmeriFlux site
- Use the online editors for Site General Info and DOI Authorship BADM. The online editors are accessible through the BADM tab on your Site Info page.
- Use the Variable Information Tool for continuous flux and meteorological (Flux/Met) height and instrument model information (also accessible through the BADM tab on your Site Info page). The BADM-Inst and BADM-InstOps Standards Files can be used to submit additional instrument details. See instructions below.
- Contact [email protected] to submit other BADM via a new CSV file reporting method. See the full suite of BADM types described in the BADM Standards.
- BADM Standards Files (MS Excel) can be used to submit BADM. See General Instructions on the BADM Standards page. We recommend using new CSV reporting file method.