Download BADM Standards that are grouped into similar types of BADM. The standards files were previously called templates.
BADM-Site_General_Info v2020 (MS Excel)
BADM-Disturbance_and_Management v2016 (MS Excel)
BADM-Instrument_Ops v2017 (MS Excel)
BADM-Instrument v2020 (MS Excel)
BADM-VegCover v2021 (MS Excel)
BADM-Soil v2021 (MS Excel)
The following standards are being updated. To view these standards, request them at [email protected].
General Instructions for entering BADM into MS Excel files
To submit BADM to AmeriFlux using MS Excel files, see steps below.
- Use column D and higher in the first worksheet to enter your information. Only use the columns past D when you have more than one entry that you need to put in a row. If you have nothing to enter in a row, leave it blank.
- Do not enter information in shaded columns.
- Variables with units of LIST(xxx) — see second worksheet in each file—should use only the choices listed.
- Enter all values in the units requested. For numeric entries, use only numbers (no letters or symbols).
- Fill in the submitter’s name — whoever is filling in the file (likely you).
- See Explanations, the third worksheet, for variable groups that must be reported together. See additional details for variable groups at Browse BADM Standards.
- Column A lists the variable groups.
- Column C has a “p” if a variable is the primary variable for a group of variables. It is required.
- Column D lists an “r” if a variable is a required qualifier for a primary variable. For example, if H2O is entered for FLUX_MEASUREMENTS_VARIABLE in the BADM-Site-General-Info Standards File, the FLUX_MEASUREMENTS_DATE_START is required.
To submit BADM to AmeriFlux using MS Excel reporting files
Use the Site General Information MS Excel file to register a new site. Otherwise, we recommend that BADM be submitted to AmeriFlux using online editors or CSV reporting files. See BADM Submission Instructions for details.
- Download the MS Excel reporting file for your BADM type above.
- Enter your site’s BADM in the MS Excel file following the general instructions above and information in the Explanations tab of the file. Find additional details at BADM Basics.
- Upload the completed MS Excel file via the Data Uploads page using the BADM option.
B E Law, T Arkebauer, J L Campbell, J Chen, Osbert Sun, Mark Schwartz, Catharine van Ingen, Shashi Verma (2008). Terrestrial carbon observations: Protocols for vegetation sampling and data submission. Global Terrestrial Observing System, Rome.
Papale, D., Canfora, E. & Polidori, D. ICOS Ecosystem Instructions for Use the ICOS BADM (Version 20171013), ICOS Ecosystem Thematic Centre https://doi.org/10.18160/6m8s-fy7m (2017).