Job Title: Field Technician I_Instrumentation
Company: National Ecological Observatory Network/Battelle Ecology, Inc.
Location: The Domain 06 Field Technician’s primary work location is near Manhattan, KS. This position supports sites in the Prairie Peninsula Domain. Prairie Peninsula candidate sites are located at Konza Prairie Biological Station near Manhattan, KS and at the University of Kansas Field Station near Lawrence, KS. The Prairie Peninsula Domain includes parts of Kansas, Nebraska, southern Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, southern Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana
Job Description: The Field Technician reports to the Field Operations Manager.
• Field Technician I – The Field Technician I is a biological sampling lead performing seasonal and periodic sampling activities and sample processing. Seasonal field sampling is conducted with the assistance of temporary field crews under the guidance of the Field Technician.
Instrumentation (tower) emphasis:
• Test, troubleshoot and operate instruments, calibration equipment and test fixtures.
• Inspect and maintain civil infrastructure including boom arms, sensor mounts, towers, boardwalks and instrument huts.
• Assist the NEON Systems Engineering Product Team with instrument installation and testing (approximately the first 6 months).
• Record activities, completed work and trouble tickets according to Field Operations protocol.
A complete job description is available at http://www.neonscience.org/
How to Apply: In order to be considered for any open position with the NEON Project/Battelle Ecology, Inc, you must please go to our website http://www.neonscience.org/ and apply. We are unable to create an account/application for you.
If you have trouble submitting your application, trying a different browser usually resolves the issue. Please know you must answer all required questions, before the system will allow you to move forward or complete your application.
Also, as long as the requisition is listed on our website we will continue to accept and review resumes for that position(s).
All applications will be reviewed and the NEON Project/Battelle Ecology, Inc. will contact you, via the information provided on your application, if we would like to speak with you regarding a phone screen or interview.