The following software and packages are designed to interface with flux-related data repositories through API (Application Programming Interface), allowing programmatically querying and accessing to data and metadata.
- An R programmatic interface with AmeriFlux API for querying, downloading, and handling AmeriFlux data and metadata.
- Allow a more integrated and repeatable workflow for querying, batch-downloading, and handling AmeriFlux data
- The package also supports site queries using additional information, e.g., data and metadata availability, variable available years, and data summaries
- A programmatic interface to the Integrated Carbon Observation System (ICOS) Carbon Portal. Allows for easy downloads of ICOS carbon portal data directly to your R workspace or your computer.
- The functionalities include downloading site meta-data, available data and the eventual downloading of the data.
- This package is a partial port of the icoscp python package [https://github.com/ICOS-Carbon-Portal/pylib].
- R package facilitates the retrieval and post-processing of PhenoCam time series.
- The post-processing of PhenoCam data includes outlier removal and the generation of data products such as phenological transition dates.
- If requested complementary Daymet climate data will be downloaded and merged with the PhenoCam data for modeling purposes.
- For a detailed overview of the assumptions made during post-processing, please refer to publications by Hufkens et al. (2018) and Richardson et al. (2018).
- R package to the Daymet web services (http://daymet.ornl.gov/).
- Allows for easy downloads of Daymet climate data directly to your R workspace or your computer. Routines for both single-pixel data downloads and gridded (netCDF) data are provided.
- R package allowing for easy downloads of ECMWF (European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts) data (http://apps.ecmwf.int/datasets/).
- Python library for easy, integrated access to gridded daily Daymet weather data.
- R package for programmatic interface to the ‘MODIS Land Products Subsets’ web services (https://modis.ornl.gov/data/modis_webservice.html).
- Allows for easy downloads of ‘MODIS’ time series directly to your R workspace or your computer.
The list was initially compiled by Ladislav Šigut and Housen Chu and has been updated with inputs from the communities. We thank all the original software/package developers for sharing and maintaining such great services. For details of each software/package, please refer to the developing team through the external links. Please contact the website manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to propose any addition or update to the list.