- This event has passed.
Community Meeting Year of Water Fluxes
Dear Flux Community
AmeriFlux is launching a new theme Year on Water Fluxes!
On behalf of the AmeriFlux Science Steering Committee, we would like to invite interested community members to a community Zoom meeting to help brainstorm ideas and to lead the initiative. We will be forming an organizing committee and welcome volunteers.
We would like to hold a virtual one-hour meeting to kick this effort off on March 1, 9 am PST.
Some potential ideas we would like to discuss:
– Special issue of Ag and Forest Met or other journal;
– Sensor needs for the network, and working with AMP to enhance measurements across the network (e.g., water table depth, soil water potential)
– ET synthesis workshop and other workshop and analysis topics
– Remote Sensing, NASA, and AmeriFlux data/sites;
– Special sessions at AGU, AMS, ESA, AmeriFlux, or other annual meetings.
– Develop best practice documents for water cycle measurements;
– Speaker series
– Outreach and new partnerships (e.g., USDA, watershed managers,…)
– Education modules
– Your ideas!
The meeting will be recorded and made available on the AmeriFlux Youtube Channel.