- This event has passed.
2020 NACP Open Science Meeting POSTPONED!
This meeting has been postponed! TBD
NACP have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation very closely, and things continue to change rapidly. We have also been considering your concerns seriously. As you may know, several cases of COVID-19 infection have been identified in the Washington, D.C. metro area over the weekend, and many more organizations are implementing travel restrictions. We want all of our community members to be safe and to get the fullest benefit from the meeting so we are postponing to a later date sometime within 2020, as yet to be determined, but for planning purposes we feel this will most likely be Fall 2020(October or November).
We had considered doing a virtual-only meeting at the originally scheduled time, but organizing something like that on such short notice would be a significant task. We also feel that because this community and stakeholders meet so infrequently, allowing for in-person interactions is an important aspect. Many people have also suggested offering virtual options in the future for reduction of carbon footprints and to accommodate those who cannot travel, so for the later date the Meeting Planning Committee will investigate these options.
Things to do now:
• UCAR will be reimbursing all paid registration fees automatically in the next week. There is no need to take further action.
• Please cancel your other travel arrangements if you made them individually. • The easiest way to cancel the hotel is to call:
• Hilton 1-800-774-1500
• Hilton McLean direct 703 847-5000
• Hilton Honors (if you used your HH number)
• If you are an invited speaker and you made your travel arrangements through ICF – they will take care of canceling flights and train tickets that were booked through their travel agency.
• Keep an eye out for our future notices and updates regarding this meeting on the rescheduled date!