Company: National Ecological Observatory Network/Battelle Ecology, Inc.
Job Title: Field Technician II_Instrumentation
Location: The Domain 03 Field Technician’s primary work location is headquartered in Gainesville, Florida, home of the University of Florida.
Job Description: The Field Technician reports to the Field Operations Manager.
• Field Technician II – The Field Technician II is a biological sampling lead performing seasonal and periodic sampling activities and sample processing. The Field Technician II will be the technical lead for performing routine maintenance and inventory management on all terrestrial sampling equipment, and will provide guidance to temporary field crews while working in the field and laboratory.
Instrumentation (tower) emphasis:
• Test, troubleshoot and operate instruments, calibration equipment and test fixtures.
• Inspect and maintain civil infrastructure including boom arms, sensor mounts, towers, boardwalks and instrument huts.
• Assist the NEON Systems Engineering Product Team with instrument installation and testing (approximately the first 6 months).
• Record activities, completed work and trouble tickets according to Field Operations protocol.
A complete job description is available at http://www.neonscience.org/