This year’s workshop is at Mountain Research Station, close to where the AmeriFlux Annual PI Meeting will take place in Golden CO, directly after this workshop. If you want to suggest a topic for the workshop, contact the organizers Sébastien Biraud (Tech) and Deb Agarwal (Data). Your suggestions are always very welcome!
Update 7/19/16: No reg fee! To register, go to: http://ameriflux.lbl.gov/community/ameriflux-meetings-workshops/ Please register by Friday September 9, so we can plan enough food!
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
If you arrive early (say, noon), and the weather is good, you can join the beautiful but strenuous hike to the alpine treeline (elevation ~11,000 feet). For Tuesday evening, plan on a pizza dinner and s’mores!
For lodging, you can stay overnight at Moores-Collins Family Lodge (four to a room; bring sleeping bag). Or if you prefer, book a motel room in nearby Nederland CO.
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
The next morning starts with an early field trip to US-NR1 tower. There will be a short tower safety demo. After lunch the workshop will move to a lodge. These are the proposed topics:
- A walk-through of a Tech Team site visit (what we do, and site staff would like, what we will add)
- Site power and connectivity best practices
- Processing of high-frequency data for the Tech Team visit
- Submission of high-frequency data to AmeriFlux
- QA/QC checks during the Tech Team visit
- Processing of high-frequency data to products
- Submission of data processing related BADMs
- AmeriFlux’s loaner program (sonic, IRGAS, Radiation sensors) and profiling system
A 5pm departure will provide plenty of time for you to arrive for the AmeriFlux Annual PI Meeting dinner at 7pm.